Laurie E. McNeil--Selected Recent Publications
Light scattering in concentrated particulate dispersions
- A. Fonari, N.S. Corbin, D. Vermeulen, K.P. Goetz, O.D. Jurchescu, L.E. McNeil, J.L. Bredas, and V. Coropceanu, "Vibrational properties of organic donor-acceptor molecular crystals: Anthracene-pyromellitic-dianhydride (PMDA) as a case study,"J. Chem. Phys. 143, 224503 (2015).
- Peng Hu, Lin Ma, Ke Jie Tan, Hui Jiang, Fengxia Wei, Chuhuan Yu, Katelyn Goetz, Oana Jurchescu, Laurie McNeil, Gagik Gurzadyan, Christian Kloc, "Solvent-Dependent Stoichiometry in Perylene - 7,7,8,8-tetracyanoquinodimethane Charge Transfer Compound Single Crystals," Crystal Growth and Design 14, 6376-6382 (2014).
- K. P. Goetz, A. Fonari, D. Vermeulen, P. Hu, H. Jiang, P. J. Diemer, J. W. Ward, M. E. Payne, C. S. Day, C. Kloc, V. Coropceanu, L. E. McNeil, O. D. Jurchescu, "Freezing in orientational disorder induces crossover from thermally-activated to temperature-independent transport in organic semiconductors," Nature Communications 5, 5642 (2014).
- D. Vermeulen, L. Y. Zhu, K. P. Goetz, Hu Peng, Jiang Hui, C.S. Day, O. D. Jurchescu, V. Coropceanu, C. Kloc, L. E. McNeil, "Charge transport properties of perylene-TCNQ crystals: The effect of stoichiometry," J. Phys. Chem. C 118, 24688-2466 (2014).
- Katelyn P. Goetz, Derek Vermeulen, Margaret E. Payne, Christian Kloc, Laurie E. McNeil, and Oana D. Jurchescu, "Charge-Transfer Complexes: New Perspectives on an Old Class of Compounds," J. Mat. Chem. C 2, 3065-3076 (2014).
- Hui Jiang, Keke Zhang, Jun Ye, Fengxia Wei, Peng Hu, Jun Guo, Chunyong Liang, Xiaodong Chen, Yang Zhao, Laurie McNeil, Wenping Hu, and Christian Kloc, "Atomically-Flat, Large-Sized, Two-Dimensional Organic Nanocrystals," Small 9, 990-995 (2013).
- Keke K. Zhang, Kejie Tan, Changji Zou, Magnus Wikberg, Laurie E. McNeil, Subodh G. Mhaisalkar and C. Kloc, "Control of charge mobility in single-crystal rubrene through surface chemistry" Organic Electronics 11 1928-1934 (2010).
- Brantley A. West, Jordan M. Womick, L.E. McNeil, Ke Jie Tan and Andrew M. Moran, "Influence of vibronic coupling on band structure and exciton self-trapping in alpha-perylene," J. Phys. Chem. B 115, 5157-5167 (2011)
- Brantley A. West, Jordan M. Womick, L.E. McNeil, Ke Jie Tan and Andrew M. Moran, "Ultrafast dynamics of Frenkel excitons in tetracene and rubrene single crystals," J. Phys. Chem. C 114 10580-10591 (2010).
- Z. Q. Ren, L. E. McNeil, Shubin Liu and C. Kloc, "Molecular Motion and Mobility in an Organic Single Crystal: Raman Study and Model," Phys. Rev. B 80, 245211 (2009).
- J. R. Weinberg-Wolf, L. E. McNeil, Shubin Liu and Christian Kloc, "Evidence of low intermolecular coupling in rubrene
single crystals by Raman Scattering," J. Phys. - Cond. Mat. 19, 276204 (2007).
- Y.Y. Jia, A. Kleinhammes, H. Kulkarni, K. McGuire, L.E. McNeil and Y. Wu,
"Synthesis and characterization of TiO2 nanotube/hydroquinone hybrid structure," J. Nanosci. Nanotech. 7, 458-462 (2007).
- J.R. Weinberg-Wolf and L.E. McNeil, "Resonant Raman spectroscopy on alpha-hexathiophene single crystals,"
Phys. Rev. B 69, 125202 (2004).
- L.E. McNeil, R.H. French and A.R. Hanuska, "Orientation dependence in near-field scattering from TiO2 particles," Appl. Optics 40, 3726 (2001).
- L.E. McNeil, R.H. French and A.R. Hanuska, "Near-field scattering from red pigment particles: absorption
and spectral dependence," J. Appl. Phys. 89, 1898 (2001).
- L.E. McNeil and R.H. French, "Light scattering from red pigment particles: multiple scattering in a
strongly-absorbing system," J. Appl. Phys. 89, 283 (2001).
- L.E. McNeil and R.H. French, "Multiple scattering from rutile TiO2 particles,"Acta
Materialia 48, 4571 (2000).
- L.E. McNeil, H. Park, J.P. Lu and M.J. Peters, "Effect of residual catalyst on the vibrational modes of single-walled carbon nanotubes," J. Appl. Phys. 96, 5158 (2004).
- E.C.T. Harley and L.E. McNeil, "The effect of a large SWNT diameter distribution on cesium intercalation" J. Phys. Chem. Solids 65, 1711 (2004).
- L. An, J.M. Owens, L.E. McNeil and J. Liu, "Synthesis of nearly uniform single-walled carbon nanotubes using identical metal-containing molecular nanoclusters as catalysts," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 124, 13688 (2002).
- H. Shimoda, S.J. Oh, H.Z. Geng, R.J. Walker, X.B. Zhang, L.E. McNeil and O. Zhou, "Self-assembly of carbon nanotubes," Advanced Materials 14, 899 (2002).
- B. Gao, C. Bower, J.D. Lorentzen, L. Fleming, A. Kleinhammes, X.P. Tang, L.E. McNeil, Y. Wu and O. Zhou, "Enhanced saturation lithium composition
in ball-milled single-walled carbon nanotubes," Chemical Physics Letters
327, 69 (2000).
- M.J. Peters, L.E. McNeil, Jian Ping Lu and Daniel Kahn, "Structural phase transition in carbon nanotube bundles under pressure," Phys. Rev. B 61, 5939 (2000).
Irradiation-induced transformations in GeSi
- Daxing Han, J.D. Lorentzen, J. Weinberg-Wolf, L.E. McNeil and Qi Wang, "Raman study of thin films of amorphous-to-microcrystalline silicon prepared by hot-wire chemical
vapor deposition," J. Appl. Phys. 94, 2930 (2003).
- Guozhen Yue, Daxing Han, L.E. McNeil and Qi Wang,
"Characteristics of the low energy photoluminescence in mc-Si films," J. Appl. Phys. 88, 4904 (2000).
Luminescence in silicon oxynitride
- L.E. McNeil, M.H. Grimsditch, R.C. Birtcher and N. Abrosimov, "Elastic instability in GeSi alloys under heavy ion irradiation," Phil. Mag. Lett. 84, 93 (2004).
- R.C. Birtcher, M. Grimsditch and L.E. McNeil, "Correlation between structural and elastic
properties of Ge after Kr ion irradiation at room temperature," Phys.
Rev. B 50, 8990 (1994).
III-V quantum wells
- K.J. Price, L.R. Sharpe, L.E. McNeil and E.I. Irene, "Electroluminescence in silicon oxynitride films," J. Appl. Phys. 86, 2638 (1999).
- K.J. Price, L.E. McNeil, A. Suvkanov, E.A. Irene, P.J. MacFarlane and M.E. Zvanut, "Characterization
of the luminescence center in photo- and electroluminescent amorphous silicon oxynitride films," J. Appl. Phys. 86, 2628 (1999).
- B.H. Augustine, Y.-Z. Hu, E.A. Irene and L.E. McNeil, "Annealing study of luminescent amorphous silicon-rich silicon oxynitride thin films," Appl. Phys. Lett. 67, 3694
- B. H. Augustine, E.A. Irene, Y. He, L.E. McNeil, K. Christensen and D.E. Maher, "Visible light emission from thin films containing Si, O, N, and H" J. Appl. Phys. 78,
- Q. Meng, T. Daniels-Race, Z. Luo and L.E. McNeil, "The polarization sensitivity of optical absorption in tensile strained GaAs/InAlAs double quantum wells,"
Superlattices and Microstructures 25, 583 (1999).
- V. Balan, T. Daniels-Race and L.E. McNeil, "Photoluminescence study of highly doped, tensile-strained GaAs/In(0.07)Al(0.93)As quantum wells,"
Microwave and Optical Technology Letters 16, 7 (1997).
L.J. Blue, T. Daniels-Race, C.-N. Yeh and L.E. McNeil, "Effect of well width variation on type-I/type-II photoluminescence in GaAs/AlAs single
quantum wells," Superlattices and Microstructures 21, 187
- C.N. Yeh, L.E. McNeil, T. Daniels-Race and L.J. Blue, "PL measurements of tensile-strained GaAs/In(0.07)Al(0.93)As
quantum wells," J. Appl. Phys. 79, 3192 (1996).
- C.-N. Yeh, L.E. McNeil, R.E. Nahory and R. Bhat, "Measurement of the In(0.52)Al(0.48)As
valence-band hydrostatic deformation potential and the hydrostatic-pressure dependence of the In(0.52)Al(0.48)As/InP valence-band offset" Phys.
Rev. B 52, 14682 (1995).
- C.-N. Yeh, L. McNeil, L. Blue and T. Daniels-Race, "Measurement of the GaAs/AlAs valence-band offset from a single quantum well near the gamma-X crossover," J. Appl. Phys.77,
To Laurie E. McNeil's
complete publications list
- Kelly A. Hogan, Jennifer Krumper, Laurie E. McNeil and Michael T. Crimmins, "Advancing Evidence-Based Teaching in Gateway Science Courses Through a Mentor-Apprentice Model," in Transforming Institutions: Undergraduate STEM Education for the 21st Century, edited by Gabriela C. Weaver, Wilella D. Burgess, Amy L. Childress and Linda Slakey (Purdue University Press, West Lafayette, IN 2016) pp. 77-89.
- Alice D. Churukian and Laurie E. McNeil, "Joining hands to establish a teacher training program: An example from a major research university," in Recruiting and Educating Future Physics Teachers: Case Studies and Effective Practices, edited by C. Sandifer and E. Brewe (American Physical Society, College Park, MD, 2015), pp. 275-282.
- Aina Mardia Aznan, A Safwan, Zanariah Abdullah, Trupta Kaulgud, Hadi Arman, Mathew Mahindaratne, Laurie McNeil, Edward Tiekink, "Postsynthetic Metathesis in an All Organic Two Dimensional Array Mediated by Hydrogen Bonding," Crystal Growth and Design 14, 5794-5800 (2014).
- D. Brosnan, R. Ghosh, L.E. McNeil and Rene Lopez, "Influence of ionic pretreatment on the performance of solid electrolyte
dye-sensitized solar cells," Solar Energy 86, 2312 (2012).
- L.E. McNeil and S. Mitran, "Vibrational frequencies and tuning of the African mbira," J. Acoustical Soc. Amer. 123, 1169 (2008).
- Saurabh Chopra, Mehmet C. Ozturk, Veena Misra, Kris McGuire and Laurie E. McNeil, "Analysis of boron strain compensatin in silicon-germanium alloys by Raman spectroscopy," Appl. Phys. Lett. 88,
- Ch. Zgheib, L.E. McNeil, M. Kazan, P. Masri F.M. Morales, O. Ambacher and J. Pezoldt, "Raman studies of Ge promoted stress modulation in 3C-SiC grown on Si(111)" Appl. Phys. Lett. 87,
- V.V. Brazhkin, L.E. McNeil, M. Grimsditch, N.A. Bendeliani, T.I. Dyuzheva and L.M. Lityagina, "Elastic constants of stishovite up to its amorphization temperature,"
J. Phys. C 17, 1869 (2005).
- S.Y. Lehman, L.E. McNeil and R.J. Albalak, "Use of a cooperative-motion domain model to analyze Brillouin light scattering measurements of dynamic
modulus in triblock copolymers," J. Polymer Physics 38, 2170
- L.E. McNeil and M. Sher, "The dual-career couple problem," Physics Today
July 1999, pg. 32.
- M. Grimsditch, L.E. McNeil and D.J. Lockwood, "Unexpected behavior of the antiferromagnetic mode of NiO" Phys. Rev. B 58, 14462 (1998).
- L.E. McNeil and D.H. Holmgren, "An elliptical polarization machine," Am.
J. Phys. 64, 1078 (1996).
- M.J. Peters, L.E. McNeil and K. Dy, "Resonance Raman scattering in HgS"
State Commun. 97, 1095 (1996).
- L. McNeil and M. Grimsditch, "Elastic moduli of muscovite mica," J.Phys.: Cond. Matt. 5, 1681 (1993).
- L. McNeil, M. Grimsditch and R.H. French, "Vibrational spectroscopy of AlN," J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 76, 1132 (1993).
- L. McNeil and M. Grimsditch, "Pressure-amorphized SiO(2): An anisotropic amorphous solid,"Phys.
Rev. Lett. 68, 83 (1992).
To Laurie E. McNeil's
To the Physics and Astronomy Home
Last update: June 2016